FCS appreciates the importance of our employees and, as such, offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package for employees including medical, dental, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and paid holidays.
Full-time position for a highly skilled Microsoft-centric Network & Server Administrator with talent and initiative. We are seeking candidates who not only have demonstrated skills managing the technology, but demonstrate good organizational skills, disciplined documentation of their work, and implementation of best practices in IT policies and procedures.
This position requires solid technical skills and experience with TCP/IP WAN and LAN configuration, security, and performance, and Microsoft Active Directory Setup and Administration including the use of GPO. It also requires strong troubleshooting, analytics and diagnostic skills along with exceptional communication and triage abilities.
Five or more years of experience and applicable professional certifications from Microsoft and/or Cisco are preferred.
This position also supports equipment configuration, hardware and software installs, maintenance and licensing, and in-house user support including procurement and related tasks.
- Configures and maintains TCP/IP LAN/WAN including load balancing & fail-over
- Architect and maintain 10/100/1000 LAN, WiFi, Mobile Broadband users
- Maintains Network security and physical security of IT systems
- Architects and administers Microsoft Active Directory including GPO
- Performs network systems troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose system problems
- Plans and performs system backups and disaster recovery, anti-virus/anti-spam management
- Performs daily maintenance and reports on systems
- Upgrades network hardware and software components as required per established project guidelines
- Installs, upgrades, and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on file servers in accordance with standard procedures
- Provides users with network systems and desktop technical support
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date documentation on server and workstation configurations
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date hardware and software inventory
- Creates task and project procedural documentation
Required Skills and Experience:
- Windows 2000-2008R2 Servers Administration
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtualization technology
- iSCSI SAN, RAID arrays, NAS units
- Windows XP-Windows 8 workstations
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Firewall, VPN, RADIUS, routers, switches
- IIS 6-7 administration
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Server configuration
- Microsoft SQL 2000-2008R2 backup (not development)
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012 Backup
- UPS and power management
- Structured cable plants
- Equipment inventory
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Microsoft Office XP to 2007
- Hardware & Software Procurement
The following skills will be given additional consideration:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft / Cisco certifications
- SAS 70, ITIL, security audits and/or other IT governance experience
- Fonality VoIP management experience
- VLAN, QoS configuration experience
- Continuous Data Backup solutions
- Disaster Recovery and BCP experience
In connection with your application for employment, please note that any offer of employment made to any applicant will be contingent upon the satisfactory results of a background check. The background check may include, but is not limited to, a check of references, employment and education verification, a check of criminal records, drug testing, and/or any other investigations as permitted by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
First Corporate Solutions' policy is to provide equal opportunities for all qualified persons, regardless of their race, creed, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, medical condition, marital status, or veteran status. This applies to all activities including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, termination, compensation, and benefits.